Process Fluids Meeting The Most Challenging Demands for Steelmakers
Quaker Chemical Focuses On Its Hot Mill Offerings at AISTech 2019
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., May 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — In steel plants, the hot strip mill encounters some of the most severe conditions as far as lubrication is concerned. Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR, “Quaker”), a longstanding supplier of steel processing and maintenance fluids and greases, addresses these challenges with QUAKERTEK™ CS, calcium sulfonate complex grease, and QUINTOLUBRIC® 702-46 RD, water glycol based fire-resistant hydraulic fluid, which will be highlighted at the AISTech 2019Conference & Exposition.
Under normal dry conditions, standard greases can perform well; however, performance deteriorates quickly with water ingress leading to high grease consumption, bearing failures, and increased workload. In the presence of water, QUAKERTEK™ CS has the formulated benefits:
- Resists water washout
- Offers extreme load carrying properties and lubricity
- Excellent corrosion protection
Designed to provide optimum performance in hydraulic systems such as the hot mill, where fire-resistant fluids are required, QUINTOLUBRIC® 702-46 RD features:
- Superior liquid and vapor phase corrosion protection
- High viscosity index
- Excellent sheer stability and chemical, thermal, and hydrolytic stability
To complement the process fluid offerings, Quaker technical experts will be presenting conference papers at AISTech 2019 during the lubrication & hydraulics and cold rolling sessions:
- “Solutions for Long Products Lubrication to Avoid Long Maintenance Stops,” by Josef Barreto-Pohlen, Global Technical Director-Greases, on Tuesday, May 7 at 2:30 pm
- “Lubricant Development for Hard Steel Rolling: From Design to Validation,” by Bas Smeulders, PhD, Research Scientist, on Tuesday, May 7 at 3:00 pm
Quaker’s full steel portfolio, (https://www.quakerchem.com/expert-experience/industry-expertise/steel ),ranging from cleaners, rolling oils, corrosion preventives, surface treatment, greases, and hydraulic fluids, will be featured at AISTech 2019 – Booth 1311 (https://www.quakerchem.com/events/aistech-2019) from May 6 to 8 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.