Quaker Chemical Features Metalworking Process Fluid Solutions at FABTECH 2018
Range of Versatile to Customized Fluids for Tube & Pipe, and Drawing & Forming Applications
In metalworking operations for tube & pipe, and drawing & forming applications, industrial process fluids are challenged to provide universal solutions, but also meet specialized requirements to satisfy the process needs of the customer base. To meet that demand,Quaker Chemical Corporation(NYSE: KWR, “Quaker”), a leading global supplier of process fluid solutions, offers comprehensive fluid product ranges for tube & pipe and metalworking processes.
For the tube & pipe segment, encompassing OCTG, structural, and mechanical applications, Quaker applies its “Front-to-Back” approach consisting of a range of process fluids for the front end of pipe manufacturing and protective coatings, and corrosion preventives to finish at the back end, coupled with the expertise to implement customized solutions for specific customer needs:
- The versatile and chemically compatible QUAKERCOOL® 700 TP coolant fluid platform can be utilized across multiple processes, metal substrates, and tube and pipe market segments
- The QUAKERCOAT®coating line offers a wide range of options for solvent based, water based, and ultraviolet (UV) cured coatings for corrosion protection and aesthetics
For applications involving drawing & forming, the high performance QUAKERDRAW® metal forming lubricant line is a solution with excellent corrosion protection and lubrication to increase die and punch life, and high film strength additives to reduce galling. The overall product line offers:
- Range of product types including emulsifiables, neat oils, and solution synthetic fluids
- Versatility in applications for light, medium, or heavy forming; roll forming; cold heading; and hydroforming
- Non-chlorinated lubricant options
Quaker will be exhibiting these products and application expertise at Booth C10223 (Welding and Tube & Pipe Hall) at FABTECH 2018 (https://www.quakerchem.com/events/fabtech-2018/ ), the largest metal-forming, fabricating, tube & pipe, and welding tradeshow in North America. The event takes place at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia from November 6-8.