OVER 25% IN MAINTENANCE COST SAVINGS
QUAKERTEK™ CS 2202-EP
A European welded tube and pipe manufacturer was looking to reduce its maintenance costs in the rolling mill. The lithium grease that was being used required frequent relubrication resulting in intensive maintenance.
They were seeking a grease that could meet the parameters of:
- Improved water resistance
- Decreased maintenance time
- Reduced relubrication periods
Quaker Chemical Corporation (“Quaker”) ran a trial with selected QUAKERTEK™ CS 2202-EP calcium sulfonate grease to lubricate 12 bearings (22215/22218/32215/32218 +gear) per stand. With the grease, the operations were able to achieve the targets with the results of:
- 33% maintenance rate reduction as relubrication was needed once instead of three times
- Decreased grease consumption by 67%
- Annual cost savings of 28%
- Lowered residues due to the reduced amount of greases utilized
- Improved stock management
- Reduced material movement in the plant and improved workshop cleanliness resulting from less frequent relubrication periods
- Less contamination in the cooling water due to the grease’s resistance to washout
|COMPETITIVE GREASE||QUAKERTEK™ CS 2202-EP|
|Annual Consumption||13,000 kg||4,320 kg|
|Frequency of Relubrication||3||1|
|Relubrication Time (units)||9||3|
QUAKERTEK™ CS 2202-EP is a high performance calcium sulfonate complex grease based on mineral oil and can be used in application operating under severe conditions with regard to medium to high speeds, high loads, and corrosion challenges in a wide range of industries. Benefits include a high oxidation resistance, excellent resistance to water washout, excellent load carrying capacity, and high temperature stability. In addition, it has excellent corrosion protection, high lubricating film strength, and very good sheer stability.
Quaker is a worldwide developer, producer and marketer of custom formulated Tube & Pipe process chemicals and coatings. From first coil to final cut, Quaker is capable of providing process chemicals for all operations in welded and seamless mills, and delivers the in-depth process expertise to help maximize your productivity.
Quaker’s product line includes fire-resistant hydraulic lubricants, high-temperature greases, cleaners, forming & sizing coolants, drawing & forming compounds, sawing lubricants, hydrotesting compounds, corrosion preventives, and a complete line of high-value coatings (including solvent, water-based and UV coatings).